Tuesday, July 10, 2012

NYC Triathlon

This past weekend I raced in the New York City Triathlon.  It was my first trip to the big city and I'll admit I am quite proud of my navigational skills!  The alarm went off at 3am for the 5:52am pro women race start.  It was pretty comical watching the jet skis, boats, and paddle boarders (which were the most hilarious) try to go against the current of the Hudson.  The paddle boarder was going backwards!  We knew this would be a quick swim down river(~13 min).  It was a dive start off of the dock and then I worked to get over to the first pack of swimmers.  I came out of the water 6th, then pretty much maintained that position on the bike, and then ran to finish 5th!  Each race, I become a bit more confident and more competitive.  I'm learning not to become complacent at any points during a race, because you lose valuable time that way.  I'm excited for my next races and the training ahead.  Working with my coach, Paulo Sousa, has made a huge impact on my season and I look forward to being back with the squad soon.





No comments:

Post a Comment